30 minutes | 4 appetizer servings
A classic combination, this easy appetizer looks and tastes great.
1 rack of lamb, frenched, trimmed of fat, and cut into individual chops
1 shallot, sliced
1/2 teaspoon olive oil + more for pan
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
italian parsley to garnish
1. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a small pot over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the shallot and cook stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, and sugar to the shallots. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
3. Season lamb chops on both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat with just enough oil to coat the bottom. When the oil shimmers and is very hot, add the lamb chops. Be careful not to overcrowd, you may need to work in batches.
4. Sear the lamb on both sides until deep brown, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve lamb chops dressed with the pomegranate balsamic glaze and italian parsley.by