30 mins | 4 servings
A hearty pasta perfect for a winter weeknight.
1/2 pound linguine
3 links italian sausage, casings removed
4 cloves garlic, sliced
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
2 cups tightly packed kale leaves, rinsed and torn into small pieces
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
parmesan for garnish
1. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente and drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over high heat and add sausage. Cook, breaking up with spatula, until almost cooked through and crumbly.
3. Add garlic, and cook stirring often about 1 minute until garlic is slightly golden. Add mushrooms and kale and cook, stirring often, another 2-3 minutes until wilted.
4. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer another 15 minutes until kale is tender.
5. Add cooked pasta and cook another minute, tossing continuously, until pasta absorbs most of the liquid. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Serve with freshly shaved parmesan if desired.by